Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March 18, 2012

Its all good. I was hoping that you just forgot or didnt get to it in time and werent mad at me for some reason. (Stacy says: my letter didn't get to him last week so he got nothing from his mom) Sadly, the cyber I am using this week isnt pretty sucky and expensive and the computer i am using doesnt work well enough to attach photos. My apologies. i have some sick photos of the temple too! I hope I can send them to you next week.

so yeah I have had a pretty good week. today we got to go to the temple and it was a great experience. I even understood it all in spanish! How cool is that. the only bad part was that it was like a 1 hour 30 minute sweaty bus ride in our suits to the temple and I hate busses. I didnt like busses in high school and the public transport here is worse. there are no bus stops, you just stand on the side of the road and flag a bus down. so the bus stops like every minute. and the people drive like maniacs so its like 100 miles and hour, 0 miles an hour every minute. it makes me wanna puke. but yeah the temple was awesome. the temple president is named president turley and he lives at signal butte and baseline. small world.

On sunday Jose finally got confirmed! what a miracle. He came to only sacrament meeting (like always) but he always learns a lot from sacrament meeting and always is like blown away and how much he learns. pretty cool. its pretty cool to see him learn so much and then to think about how much i didnt pay attention in sacrament meeting before my mission and how much i guess i could have learned. I love sacrament meeting nowadays, its just a good hour that you get to sit down in air conditioning and learn. There arent many times in the mission that the missionary gets to learn or sit in air conditioning so its a good time. And recently me and my comp made a calendar of everyday in the month to have members sign up to give us lunch. My first companion told me that the members dont feed us in this area and i believed him because i was new. when he left i made a calendar and gave it to the relief society president during church and after sacrament meeting she gave it back to me with everyday full with members and thier phone numbers. how legit! so now I have a lot of extra money hahah to buy snacks and stuff. but i started working out better this week too because i think i am getting fat. well at least my face. i am embarassed about some of the pictures i have of myself because my face is all fat. so i am cutting back on dulce de leche and drinking more water instead of soda.

I am getting pumped about general conference! another one of those times where us as missionaries get to sit in air conditioning and learn all day! but the morning session doesnt start till 1 in the afternoon which means preisthood doesnt start till 9 pm. haha that will be fun but i am going to be really tired. I can tell that I have been working really hard lately because when we turn the lights off at 10 30 pm i am asleep before 10 31. its amazing. but 6 30 always comes too fast.

today I got another letter from Josh burley about him quitting track. He was super busy and stuff so its understandable. I also got a letter from bo that he wrote me before i left the mtc. in the letter it says, i know you are in the mtc but i am going to send this to your mission and you will just get it when you get there. hahaha crazy. Oh and i got a letter from harley a couple weeks ago and sent one back to her.

Spencer is who you saw at the temple with Josh! He is going to Peru! thats so cool that he is going spanish speaking and yeah josh told me about Jace coming to my mission! I want to train him so bad, that would be so sick. My best friend from the mtc, Elder Call is training a new missionary right now! so crazy. but his nuevo is from argentina and was born in paraguay. haha so his comp speaks guarani and elder call told me today at the temple that it is super easy to get into a house when your comp can speak guarani.

that is it for this week, thank you for your letter and the pictures! I forgot how different the desert looks. haha here its all jungle like. and the picture of drew! he looks like he shaved his head because he didnt want his parents to know he was doing drugs! hahahaha but yeah i miss having my hair that short. i have to cut it all wierd like here.

I was thinking about track and field this week and i think i want to try and run at asu. they have sick uniforms and logos. and i like arizona too much to leave it again.

love,

vance

No comments:

Post a Comment